Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Death and Taxes

Bob Hope once was quoted as saying, "I like to come to Washington, D.C., at least once a year. Why should my tax money travel more than I do?"
Well, I figure, going to school in DC is like being close to my tax money all year 'round...
Though my tax money probably does travel more than I do...
*grumble*
(and you know what---I STILL stand by the fact that Bob Hope was hot back in his heyday...)
Anyway--I have veered off my original thought which was-taxes.
I finally did my taxes today.
Finally you say? Taxes aren't due till April...Emily has become an overachiever. Not so.
I had to do my taxes so that I could do my FAFSA for school. Which was developed by psychiatrists at Guantanamo in order to break prisoners down into confessing "heinous" crimes against the US government, such as pirating Britney Spears albums (for SHAME...).
Anyhow...I FINALLY got the gist of the tax forms...after learning greek, aramaic, gaelic and a little igpay atinlay in order to decipher the encrypted tax collector code...
It seems I now owe the government and excess of...3 million dollars...do you think I did something wrong?
Just kidding.
But seriously-I'm actually getting money back, which should help, because once I mastered my taxes (and by mastered I mean I spent the extra $30 to have Turbo Tax assist me fill my taxes out....) I had to then try to translate that to my FAFSAs....oy...and I think I botched that so badly that I will have to take out additional loans and probably sell a few organs.
Anyone interested in a slightly dinged spleen?

3 comments:

Kath said...

YES! THANK YOU! I completely agree! The people who developed FAFSA are sadists. Do you know I have to have my parent's stuff on there since I only just turned 23? It sucks! And that FAFSA is worse than tax forms!

Sell your liver, it can grow back (not that I know this from, um, personal experience,...)

emyink said...

spleens seem fairly unimportant---I'm sure I could get good money for it....I could at least buy a book or some drawing paper for that---right?...lol

And FAFSA is WAYY worse than the tax forms---I just bypassed the parental info since my parents don't claim me or anything...of course--I'm sure this will lead to horrible complications and a FAFSA audit or something...yikes...they need to have counselors or at least FAFSA support groups..

Kelly said...

On a completely unrelated note....

I am tagging you for a Thinking Blogger Award. I was asked to choose my 5 favorite blogs and mentioned yours as one. More info on my blog, if you are interested.