Thursday, July 26, 2007

Art Aficionados

I recently (probably about a month or so ago-but what with all the recent hoopla....I've been a bit sidetracked...) was asked by a friend to create a couple of paintings to accent their attractive condo. They had a plain wall over the couch which meant they needed to be bold and eye-catching.

I found this task to be daunting-not because of the actual piece itself, just because I wanted the piece to be as cool as the people I would give it to, furthermore, I wanted to make sure that once the colors went into the room, they didn't suddenly rebel, run mad and start to morph into a sludgy mess that in no way accented or complimented the room.

So I had my work cut out for me.


I mixed colors like mad and bulit up the canvas into a texturized dream and FINALLY made a piece that not only I like, but my friend seem to be happy with as well (unless they are just realllllly trying to make me feel better...lol)

Regardless-I love how they bring out the color of the room and splash it up--it's pretty exciting to have these in someones home and not have to wait till it's posthumous.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

They are beautiful!!

Jen P. said...

Hahaha, thanks for thinking that we're cool - and no, we weren't trying to make you feel better - we LOVE them!!!! :)

emyink said...

:) tee hee-Jen and Brad are THE COOLEST-especially now with custom art...lol

p.s thank you kelly! :)