Monday, February 11, 2008

Gimme Shelter

I don't hate my major anymore.This is owed largely in part to the fact that I changed my major back to Fine Arts, and within a week I have created a cool group piece for a show that we did. The piece was all about creating a nomadic refuge, some place that we would want to spend time in and would be able to take with us. Our theme was comfortable and eco-friendly. We sewed panels for the walls for what seemed like years, and were effectionately named the sweat shop due to the 3 of us hunched over sewing machines well into the night. It was beautiful.But seriously. .


In addition, we each had to do a personal project that would pertain to the project-mine was a stuffed clock which was both practical and pretty (if I may say so).May I also say that though I now resemble the Hunchback of Notre Dame after a week straight of my sweatshop conditions (we did finally go on strike and demand union pay and decent wages...) I am so excited to be making stuff in 3-d that means something to me
In other news: this weekend was the Baltimore Tattoo Convention, and since I have absolutely no willpower whatsoever, I went and got my first tattoo (you remember the dogwood) upgraded from one, to a whole branch of loveliness. The artist not only "branched out" but she added oodles of fun color which I have gone crazy for.
This is the "Before" with the original tattoo surrounded by her freehanded sketch on my back.
And this is the AMAZING Sunday's (artist's name) design finished. I want to go back in June and get a full sleeve done by her....she's so gifted

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em that tatoo is GORGEOUS!!!! OMG, I love it ;-D
What design are you thinking of having done for a sleeve? Next time I see you you'll be covered in ink. lol!

Anonymous said...

V. nice shelter too. the pics for that didn't come up the first time, but now i can see them.
try and sit up strait mrs. hunchback ;-p

emyink said...

tee hee :o)
1-I hope to get a full sleeve eventually---with all sorts of flowers and branches-
and
2- omg---my back is JUST returning to normal...lol