Wednesday, September 20, 2006

More Nonsense


Allriiiiight...after much prodding by Kath, I have caved to the pressure to bore you with more of the mundane and monochromatic minutia of my everyday.

Actually--things seem pretty exciting from this side of the drawing board....but that's only because it's my adventure, and getting lost in DC every other day can be heart-pounding (and terrifying) but has it's brilliant rewards when I FINALLY see those beautiful red letters---CORCORAN....I know Shakespeare said"What's in a name, that which we call a rose by other name would smell as sweet"...I suppose that's right-

If it was called SNOTGRASS or GRISTMILL , or even FITNY...lol
it wouldn't sound the same to my biased ears....I'm so enamored of this school and this experience-

Every day I change my mind about my major...which I'm told is quite normal...but seriously--On monday I had Graphic Design, and I SWEAR I wanted to be a designer--Adobe CS2 is SO hot! (Note to Adobe: I'm more than happy to sell out and do promotional spots for your product if you'll send me free merchandise....really....)

Then today we had Photography....and naturally I'm ready to move to Belize or Morocco and take pictures in exotic locales.....fun, fun :)
And when I have my Resources (shop) class...I am SO ready to move out to the country and be a carpenter....so you see my conundrum.

Anyhoo...my art persona crisis aside--I really have solidified my existance as a single unit again--it makes me so happy to be alone, and I think I had forgotten that amidst the drama of a relationship.... I feel lke I have regained my independance---like if I wanna go see a movie by myself in the middle of the day and laugh through the whole thing...I can...or if I just feel like calling up a friend and having a girls night---I can totally do that too....FREEDOM...Own it.

I guess I put too much importance on another person--I guess we ALL put too much importance on other people and their significance in our life. We do need other people-and their fellowship, but if their opinion begins to reign supreme, or tread over our own better judgement or that which we know is inherently true....the minute we begin to question ourselves is the minute we should question the validity of another person and their opinion.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WooHoo for a new post!! I LOVE your stoplight picture... I can see you doing photography (and, having seen your flat) I can see you doing all the others you listed.

Independence ROCKS :-)

Anonymous said...

Emilita...

If you don't know this young confident woman...I pitty your existence...She is the coolest, funniest, individual i have had the honor of being around...With wise words such as "bite me!" "bite your nose off!" There is without a doubt that she has a talent in expressing herself in words...Hope all is well and continue following your visions...A vision of a new rome!

Rodzilla a.k.a Rod "Luke Warm" 5000

Sarah said...

I agree with Rodzilla. <3

Whatever you finally pick as your career...you'll do it with aplomb (I love that word).

I miss you real bad. And I'm sorry I'm not there to experience all this with you.

If I started a college I'd consider naming it SNOTGRASS. Fuck yeah. I mean HOGWARTS isn't a particulary sexy name, but no-one can deny it's utter awesomeness right?

Anonymous said...

I like this nickname "Emilita" hmm... I see a future with it.

Snotgrass... hmm... not as regal as Corcoran or comfy as Hogwarts... but perhaps it has a future.

Anonymous said...

So, Emy Emilita, can we look forward to more posts ;-)

Kelly said...

Love the last line about questioning ourselves and that which we know is true...listening to that still, small Voice is essential in learning to trust ourselves. Good stuff!

LOVE your blog! Must have more, please, Emy Emilita :-)

Anonymous said...

My dearest Emmy,

First let me say that I am proud of you. You are a brillant wonderful, beautiful, kind and wondrous woman and I am proud to know you! I miss seeing you and eating chips and drinking kool aid. I miss VA and I miss the wonderful late nights that we would stay up and dye our hair and talk.

With the troubles that we sometimes have just remember that God only tests us on the things that we need to learn.

So learn the lesson the first time.

I love you from the bottom of my soul and the top of my heart......joanie