Saturday, September 02, 2006

My First Blog

Hola amigas y amigos!
thought I'd take a stab at blogging in the new millenia...
got alot on my mind with art school/work/and wacky relationships gone awry....
so how better to vent than with friends and perfect strangers....
so yeah...on the subject of love...
I've realized that is better to have loved and lost than never to have tried to make and ass of ones self. That said, feel like a total dork and will be staying away from the dating cesspool for awhile...
I know that those of my friends who know me and how I tend to dive off the deep end with my emotions--I'm a quirky sort of girl...I can't help it (but you love me for it :)
oh well--at least I'm putting myself back out there right? ugh...
so yeah...the "perfect" guy...not so perfect---granted...I'm not the perfect girl...but with time and some plastic surgery (cringe) who knows....
I'm laughing inside.
Really.
But I've realized that if you never take a chance, you never learn things about yourself, like the amount of tolerance for other peoples criticism...and how maybe you knew exaclty what you wanted, but you never thought about what you didn't want in a relationship....those things are important.
People ought to know themselves really well before they start figuring other people out.
and as Polonius tells Laertes in Hamlet--"To thine own self be true."
I need to be better about that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Welcome to the blogging world, Em :) And as Ross says in Friends "Forget the lobsters."

Anonymous said...

Se como eres nunca cambies!
Abre tus ojos lo mas que puedas y veras que el arcoiris tiene muchos mas colores..