Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Emy gets inked

So I've been trying to decide for the past coupla years (and I suppose this should be an indication of my level of commitment) if I want to get a tattoo, and if so, what I will get tattooed on myself. I think it's a relatively permanant decision and like any relatively permanant decision requires thought, research, and planning. Ok, now all the fun has gone from it, right? I mean--where is that sponteneity of getting drunk on vacation and getting a bad back tattoo, or getting drunk on a date and tattooing a guys name on your butt--yeah---those ALWAYS work out.
So instead I decided to ponder forever rather than ever actually getting near a needle.

But the time has come (as the walrus said) for serious (I mean it) thought to go into this. I've decided to get a tattoo this month when my friend Haejo gets back from Brazil. She and I have been talking about getting tatt's together for awhile....I know--belaboring this...but I want to commemorate a few occasions--Independance, Education, Renewal, Rebirth, Restoration....there is such a long list---so how do you sum that up in a single ink mark on your body? I could put a collage on my whole back, but
A. Don't want to cover my back with ink
B. Can't afford it :)
so any input would be great---I'm gonna post some pix in a coupla days---some ideas....otherwise it's gonna be I <3>


3 comments:

Kath said...

Hmm... give me a date and time and I'll bring the alcohol, some tiki torches, and an inflatable palm tree and we'll stage a drunk vacation tattooing. See? Spontaneity and planning can go together!

emyink said...

I like where this is going...though this could have some negative repercussions once the alcohol wears off...I see big monkey tattoos that I will regret.

Kath said...

Hmm... I see your point, perhaps we should contact the tattooist in advance and provide the design. That way, when we arrive insisting you want monkeys spelling out "MOTHER" across your back, he'll know otherwise.