Tuesday, October 31, 2006

This IS Halloween!

Reasons I love Halloween:


  • Candy Corn.
  • Any candy :o)
  • Crazy Costumes.
  • People staring at me while I'm driving in my car singing while wearing a Crazy Costume.
  • Watching OTHER people in cars sing while wearing Crazy Costumes.
  • The idea that for one perfect night, people can go to complete strangers' houses, shout utter nonsense and be rewarded with candy.
  • Carving Pumpkins (and by the way--if you see my house lit with a strange orange glow past Thanksgiving--call my sponsor).
  • Decorating my bosses offices with spiderwebs, skulls with headsets, blood dripping on the moniters, and spiders on the keyboards--then leaving scary messages on their voicemails...Priceless :> (they loved it!)
  • The crisp chill in the air and the glow of the moon.
  • Scary music.
  • Scary movies.....hehehe.
  • It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown! I don't care HOW old I get--Linus is still the coolest cat in town-and I never get tired of Schroeder playing those tunes on the piano--and well, poor Chuck, if he could just get the ball away from Lucy and pelt it at her head...well--then there would be no movie I guess...
  • Bats. Pretty much cool all year 'round for their sonar and nifty wings, but definitely get their due on Halloween. ^~"~^
  • Black Cats. Also cool all year 'round--but definitely much cooler on Halloween.
  • The start of the "holiday season". Ah yes, this kicks off the Halloweethanksgivichristmas season--my favorite. Lets allllll take a BIG breath-relax and say a prayer for all those working retail this season.

So anyhoo--HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! AAAND--if you get the chance, go see Nightmare Before Christmas in 3-D It's a fabulous way to celebrate Halloween and this festive season :)

1 comment:

Kath said...

- A legit reason to purchase multiple candy apples
- A legit reason to wear black nail polish at work :-D
- Fog machines!
(And, if you see a set of tiny blades with colorful handles sticking out of my pocket protector, call my sponsor... and possibly an ambulance).
(If you receive an apple pie for the Fourth of July with the crust etched in the shape of George Washington, call my sponsor).