Thursday, November 30, 2006

My first piece of art in the Corcoran!


Ok--so it's not being shown in the gallery...but it's up for the other students to see---and THAT's bragging rights! My "shop" teacher picked one of my pieces to go on display--it even has a little plastic plaque below it with my name on it :)
*Sigh*
I'm so ready to cry....I mean--I'm not even dead and my stuff is on display...lol
so I'm going to keep putting stuff up here for our ladies abroad so that it'll be like you're right in the city at the gallery :)

2 comments:

Kath said...

OMFG!! EMILY ROCKWELL, MY FRIEND EMILY ROCKWELL!! HAS ARTWORK ON DISPLAY IN THE

CORCORAN!!

I'm getting a pin when I go out today that says "I saw Emily Rockwell at the Corcoran" (and, of course, I'll mean the person, not the artwork, but people will be really impressed when they ask if I REALLY did see her at the gallery and I say "No... but I did see her original artwork in her flat!").

Heeeee!

Lexie said...

Em that is AWESOME!!! Congrats to you darling. We will celebrate your artwork this weekend when I come to see ya.

Cool cool cool...