Thursday, October 11, 2007

Busy-ness

I have a stupendous lack of time...
Actually, I shouldn't say that. I have an enourmous amount of time to devote to projects for my Graphic Design core class, my Typography class...Indesign class...projects up the wazoo (where exactly on the anatomy is the wazoo located? And do animals have them?) and a Midterm today in "Modernism" which is just a fancy name for Modern art history. I swear the only thing I'm paying for in my tuition is the pretentious art-school names for things.
Next thing I can't wait to see is that we don't have bathrooms, male/female Interactive Dadaist art exhibits(if you don't get it...I won't explain.)
Beyond all of that excitement and busy-ness has been a search for a business that would employ the gainfully unemployed moi.
This hasn't been the most glamorous journey, but the end result was a truly remarkable one.
I will be interning for
APCO worldwide as their first web design intern. Very exciting this is indeed, as this company works with many worthwile causes and big-name companies.
I'm looking forward to what I can learn from them and what I can do for them professionally.
I'm really nervous about working for such a high-profile firm, but going in as an intern takes some of the initial pressure off, as I will be in this to grow as a designer which can only be a good thing, plus I think I can really do some cool things with the work they will have me doing....
Excitement-I am so stoked about doing something that allows me to work outside the box a bit--and hey...no more Helldesk!

So, I suppose a stunning lack of time will just inspire me to be creative with the time I have.
For instance, right now, I'm writing this post, listening to the new
Radiohead album (available for download...), eating a Heath bar....mmmm...Heath....glancing at some pictures for Core homework, petting Ruff (our cat), drinking water, and tapping my feet....
Ah, multitasking.
I need a nap.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Congrats on getting that internship. I bet that they like this post too :-p Or is that a different internship? hehehehe. I've got my own little internship I've got to get writting about. You keep multi-tasking deary!

PS it's ok if you only midly hate me, cause I totally got to meet Levar Burton :-D

emyink said...

You know I'll always luv u ducky! No matter who you meet or how famous you get, don't forget us little people, ok?

Kelly said...

OMGosh, what an awesome opportunity! It sounds extremely cool and I am very happy for you.

The only sadness is that I am afraid you will never go outside the beltway again and I shall have to venture into the district to ever see you again! Miss and love you!

Kath said...

Awesome job on the internship!!

Also, class projects I think are the new hot word for universities everywhere. Maybe professors are getting lazy and want less things to grade?

You need to check out the unschedule: http://www.lifeclever.com/how-to-unschedule-your-work-and-enjoy-guilt-free-play/#more-644