Monday, October 22, 2007

Retrospective

I've been thinking back over the past year...
I feel very blessed by so many things--I just felt I had to revisit some of those in a photo montage, and sum up these experiences.
I owe so much to my friends for helping me get through the rough patches--the times I felt certain the road was blocked irrevocably. The multiple times my cars have wrecked...The eternity it has taken me to get through school...The difficult exams...The difficult professors...The all-nighters with take-out bolstering each other along...The nights we stayed up watching silly movies to keep each others spirits up after a week of stressful family interactions...The dating debacles...The list could go on and on.
But the most important thing is: We persevered together and made it out of each scrape mostly unscathed and having learned for the most part that we're better off with each other than going it alone.
So this is a HUGE thank you to my friends for always being there.
I wouldn't be here without you!

5 comments:

Kath said...

Em, you rock.

Kath said...

A lot.

Kath said...

And I was thinking along the same lines over the weekend (started a scrapbook page of last year's pumpkin carving).

Lexie said...

Em you are the best! Wish we could carve some pumpkins now.....maybe call my sponsor before we get another tattoo :-p

emyink said...

1st of all: Kath--YOU rock.
a lot.
and your scrapbooks rock.
a lot.

2nd of all: Lex, you ALSO rock, and please, if you see me with a pumpkin tattoo on my butt, call my sponsor.
and I am SOOO carving a pumpkin this weekend...mmm...pumpkin...must...stop....