Thursday, May 31, 2007

It's official


Ok.

Am total bum for not posting this sooner......but....

I'M ENGAGED!

Exactly one week ago this evening I got engaged to Dave and I feel I must shout it from the top of the internet mountaintops!

I'm not sure what being engaged is supposed to feel like---and I'm not sure if we're rushing things--when have I EVER been known to do things the "normal" way?

I'm a wee bit nervous (only that I'll cock this up--{thank you Sarah for that expression....}) but mostly very very happy to have found my soulmate and that he can actually imagine spending his life with me too.

Anyhooooooo

I wanted to share this with you guys and let you in on my happiness :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I'm so excited for you darling. I know you had mentioned you all were thinking of marriage, but this is just so cool :-) I'm so glad you're both so happy, because Dave is just awesome.....
And yes, you are a complete booger for not telling us earlier. Thought of any dates yet?

Anonymous said...

BTW. Nice ring :-p

Kath said...

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! ARE YOU KIDDING?!!!! THAT'S AMAZING!!! I'M GOING TO KILL LEX FOR NOT EMAILING ME AND TELLING ME TO STAY AWAKE LONG ENOUGH TO CHECK BLOGS!!!!! WHAT - OH, right, I can stop with the caps... What amazes me is that I was thinking that Dave seems to be absolutely unique among the guys that you've known. So, I can believe that you're engaged. Congratulations. I'm calling. I'm so excited I can't stop bouncing up and down in my chair. Please post more about the proposal (I want details!)! I love the ring! It sounds like it wasn't out of the blue (thanks Lex!), what was the buildup like? What are your plans? I'm calling. FUCK, where is your phone number? ...I'm so excited!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!